website is the outcome of the Language Minority Assessment
Project, a Lesley
University Center for Special Education action research initiative developed in collaboration
with teachers from the Lowell Public Schools in Massachusetts and funded by the United States Department of Education, Washington D.C.
It provides educational assessors with a framework and a process to explore
the difference between diverse linguistic/cultural influences
and learning (dis)abilities/ differences for English language learners
from the following languages and countries of origin: Kingdom
of Cambodia - Khmer; Brazil and Portugal (including the Azores
and Madeira) - Portuguese; and Puerto Rico - Spanish.
Project Director and Principal Investigator
Maria de Lourdes B. Serpa, Ed.D.
TEACHER FELLOWS, Lowell Public Schools, MA
- Geraldine Gillette, M.Ed.
- Karen Kelleher, M.Ed.
- Erin Lally MS, Ed; CCC-SLP
- Karen Scruggs, M.Ed.
- Margarida Goes, M.Ed.
- Julie Johnston, M.Ed.
- Lori McCarthy, MSCCC.
- Afrodite Papathanasiou, M.Ed.
- Carol Webb, M.Ed.
- Yolanda Cardona, MSCCC.
- Marilyn Jonas, MSCCC.
- Carol Sornberger, M.Ed.
- Altagracia Soto, M.Ed, Ed.D.
EDITORS & RESEARCHERS
- Yvonne Domings, Executive Editor
- Anhar Mulla, Editor& Researcher
- Patricia Medeiros Landurand, Ed.D.
- Solange Lira, Ph.D.
- Silvana Watson, Ph.D.
- Vera Amaral, M.Ed.
- Paula Lima, M.Ed.
- Cristina M. Roof, M.Ed.
- Graça Borges Castanho, Ph.D.
- Christine Fernandes, M.Ed.
- Carolina Baptista, Ph.D.
- Mercedes Orozco, CAGS
- Margaret Adams, Ed.D.
School of Education - University Hall
29 Everett Street, Cambridge, MA 02138
VERY SPECIAL THANKS TO
- Dr. Mary Beth Curtis, Director of the Center for Special Education at Lesley University and co-author of this project.
- Dr. William Dandridge, Dean of the School of Education at Lesley University
- Dr. Janice Adie, Director of Special Education at the Lowell Public Schools, MA
- Dr. Laura Hartley, Grants Officer at Lesley University
WEB DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT